We were delighted to be the Gold Sponsors of Dogs for Kids with Disabilities 2017 Christmas Gala.
The Christmas Gala is Dogs for Kids with Disabilities biggest fundraising event of the year.
As well as sponsoring the event, our Community Engagement Manager Jo took the lead in organised it as well!
Event highlights included:
- Over $6000 raised
- Australia’s No.1 Female Magician and Illusionist Cath Jamison was the MC and performed a spellbinding show of magic and illusion
- Award-winning dance teacher Steve Morris (Jo’s dad) taught everyone Latin dancing including how to Salsa
- Fabulous items donated by generous local businesses were up for grabs during the silent auction
- Every guest received a branded DKD tote bag
- Everyone hit the danced until late as the DJ spun dance-floor anthems.
Dogs for Kids with Disabilities (DKD) is a not for profit organisation. Their Assistance and Companion dogs improve the lives of children and young adults who face a range of challenges (including physical disabilities, intellectual disabilities and autism spectrum disorders).